A theme park - for children, honest.
Ok, it's all based on steam engines, so let's face it, who cares what children think, I love steam engines.
- Engines number 1; Zebedee, and 2; Muffin.
- Points levers.
- Phooey. So some of the engines are diesel, but that's not what we are here for.
- Warning; young drivers.
- The site is also host to the East Wheel Rose mine. The mine itself is a lead and silver mine, with an odd arrangement where the 39 metre chimney was not attached to the engine house.
- Inside the engine house, where the rock crusher and pump would be.
- The 290 metre mine itself is flooded, since the pump was removed. In 1849, it was the site of a disaster where a flash flood in the small valley drowned 39 miners.
- Josie learning to use a Canadian canoe.
- High speed intercity train.
- Learning to play golf. And doing about as well as the adults.
- Time to catch Zebedee.
- The narrow railways run along the line of the old mining railway.
- Cornwall is also known for its archeological heritage, so before going back to base, we took a small detour. In many places, there are standing stones, such as these Nine Maidens. Some sites like these are old, some are new fakes, but there are enough real ones.
- Two humans high.
- Power of the stone.