Cosmeston Lake 2009
An artificial country park, made on the side of a recently-flooded limestone quarry - confusingly called the Cosmeston Lakes Country Park, even though there is only one (almost bisected) lake.
- Swans, all waiting to mob visitors in the hopes of some food.
- Mute swan.
- The swans are as tame as pets, and will happily eat from your hand ... or if you don't have any food, they will nibble your fingers instead, until they realise there is nothing there to eat. Then they walk away in disgust. Becci's picture.
- A resting Canada goose. The white part of the eye is just the disguised eyelid - the real eye is black, but this gives the impression that they never stop watching, presumably a defensive tactic.
- White wagtail.
- Reeds, glowing in the sunshine.
- Squirrel. Oddly, it seems to be slightly fuzzy, even though it was staying perfectly still, the shutter speed was high, and everything around it is in focus. It must just be an optical illusion caused by the fur.
- Airborne squirrel.
- Hart's-tongue - a fern without fronds.
- Teasel. I know some damer like that.
- Stripes of light in the forest.
- Cosmeston lake.
- Little Gulls. And one common gull.
- Someone takes this point very seriously.
- Keep out of this water. It's Dangero's, not yours.