A short gallery of images from 3 years of living there.
For 3 years of my younger life, I went to boarding school in Co. Mayo, Ireland. Most family holidays that I remember from that time involved travelling around Ireland; climbing Croagh Patrick, excursions across the invisible border into Northern Ireland, visits to Dublin, Galway, Clare, Kerry, Wexford, and probably others too. For such a long time, I have precious few pictures. Maybe more will appear at some point in the future. Until then, they shall have to remain in my memory instead.
- Westport, one of the two local towns close to the school.
- Dancing in the streets of Westport - this would be the Irish jig style dancing, as opposed to set dancing. Sorry for the blurred photo, but out of four bad pictures, this was the best.
- Looking down the cliffs of Achill Island.
- The famous Cliffs of Moher in Co. Clare.
- The Burren in Co. Clare, a range of limestone mountains with their pavements exposed. This alien landscape is home to almost all of the major caves in the Republic of Ireland.
- Our touring campervan, complete with dinosaur egg box.
- 9 humans, 3 dogs, 1 cat. A cramped, uncomfortable, slow, and noisy way to view a country. But how else should it be?